Saturday, October 13, 2012

Meal Planning

Hey!!! This week's weigh in was as to be expected.....1lbs up! Boo! But its my TOM so that's all water I hope! How many of you meal plan?? I am very hit or miss! I have found that it helps me stay on track! What's the saying? If you don't plan, you plan to fail? On the days that I'm not in the mood to cook, or worry about what I'm gonna cook, I end up snacking away a lot of my calories! If i have a plan, and have most of the ingredients pre-made and on hand, I rock it! The last time i mapped out a meal plan was this past January. Malarie's wedding was coming up and i wanted to look good! It even helped me lose 8lbs for it! Here's what it looked like....


My 4 year Anniversary is in two weeks. So I decided I'm going to do a "South Beach Diet" based eating plan for the next two weeks! Last time I lost 7lbs doing it so we will see what happens this time around! Its pretty much a high protein, super low carb, zero sugar diet. Which works wonders for my body! I LOVE carbs, i blame it on the fact that im 1/4 french. Carbs however do not love me back. So this diet is great for me. My co-worker really wanted to do this diet with me so it will be fun to have a partner in crime! 

A great first step to meal planning is writing down all the dinners/lunches/sides you normally make. That's exactly what I've done here. I even went through and dotted the ones that have carbs.
(since that's something I have to watch)



Then you use a planner or make a calender and fill in each meal. I try and make sure my meals are placed strategically. For example if we have spaghetti on Monday ill make sure i plan another meal that uses ground beef on Wednesday. On Monday i cook enough meat for two meals.I put half of it aside and use it on Wednesday. It saves me time, and helps me not waste ingredients. 

This is my, half way done, two week meal plan. I planned out my breakfasts, lunches, and dinners! Normally I only plan dinners, but since I'm dieting I planned for the others as well.

Once you have everything planned out you can make a grocery list based on the meals for the week. Lists help me not buy items on impulse that usually end up going bad before i get around to using them. Which saves me money, and fridge/cupboard space! (which is hard to come by in my apartment)


So there you have it! Meal planning at its finest! haha! Now I'm off to the grocery store! I hope you guys are having a good weekend! I know we sure are! I love sleeping in and watching football! 
Wish me luck with my diet! Well actually you should probably wish my husband luck, i'm normally not the easiest person to be around when i don't have my carbs! haha. 
(at least i can admit it right?)

Meggan

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Um..you have like the prettiest handwritting ever!!!! I might have to learn more about this south beach diet...i LOVE carbs too!! LOL

Bimher said...

Your the BEST Meg! I am going to do up a menu like that when I get home today! I've been lazy lately and just scribbling a few dinner ideas in a notebook and I don't really get organized on which days to cook it. So my goal for the rest of the month is to be more organized! Thanks for reminding me how convenient it can be. Love ya!

Mom

Meggan said...

@Lauryn Roth haha thanks i've never been told that before =) Yeah i'm normally anti-diet. I typically try for just an overall healthy eating lifestlye, but South Beach really works with my body type and i don't feel like its too restricting. I revert back to it everytime i have a big event coming up or hit a platue in my weight loss! Thanks for following!!!

Meggan said...

@Bimher, Thanks momma! I didn't even know you read this! hee hee I love you!!!

Toya said...

Hey just stumbled on your blog and I'm hooked! I too love carbs so the south beach diet may be something i need to try. Good luck i will be reading.

Toya
www.kismetandkilograms.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio