Friday, July 6, 2012

My First Race

At 7:00am on the 4th of July I ran in the Utah County Freedom Run! I ran the mile race! Many big time runners would laugh at the thought, but i am extremely proud of myself! All growing up my fastest mile was probably around 10 or 11 minutes. So my goal for this race was to get under 10mins! At the gym last week i had ran it in 10 mins and 15 secs, so i figured i could at least shave off 15 seconds. I was so nervous right before the race and kept telling myself that was dumb, i mean i've ran the mile on my treadmill a bunch of times! No big deal! My husband and brother in law ran with me so that helped a ton! I have the best husband! He stayed with me the whole time (even though i know he could have ran it a ton faster)! The race was uphill and on grass! I swear it was the hardest mile they could have mapped out! haha! Not to mention we were dodging little kids left and right! Now that took some serious skill! But GUESS WHAT!!! 


I ran it in 8 minutes and 43 seconds!!!!!!! I am soooo happy about that!! That means i ran at a 7 the whole time!!! I've never done that on my treadmill!!! I can understand how running in races can become addicting! Beating your PR can be sooo exciting! I even got 10th for my age group!


 I don't think i will ever get really into running (like 10ks or Marathons), cause well i dislike the training part! haha But maybe next year i will be brave enough to run a 5k! That wouldn't be sooo bad! Right?! Cheers for a taking a big step towards my healthy lifestyle!! Here are some pictures from the race and the 4th! I hope you all had a great holiday as well!


Meggan



Me and my Husband after the race!


 My time! I got 10th place in my age group 14-40!!! Woo Hoo!


The beautiful backdrop to the race!


Idaho girl for life!!



The perfect sunset for one heck of a good day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio