Monday, July 2, 2012

Meggan's Week One!

Its been one full week since i started eating clean, along with heavy lifting!! I have found that eating clean is both easier than i thought but hard at the same time! These are my pros and cons so far! Now remember these are the things ive noticed since working out AND eating clean. One or more could be a result from one or the other.

Pros-
  • Less Bloat
  • Sense of Accomplishment 
  • Easier to say NO to sweets
  • Real food fills me up better than all the fluffy processed carb whores that i love
  • Forces me to eat a diet with more, veggies, and  proteins 
  • I have become WAY less constipated haha
  • I have more Energy
  • My clothes are fitting better/ Losing inches
Cons-
  • Setting aside the time to workout or cook clean meals
  • Not being able to eat at all my fav. restaurants ex. Cafe Rio, J-Dawgs, etc
  • Having to supplement/change meals that are being made for the whole family
  • Being supper SORE, i've never been quite this sore
  • Grocery shopping takes twice as long from having to read labels
  • Giving up sweets during my womanly craving week AHHHH
So as you see there are defiantly more pros than cons and its only been one week! I think a lot of my cons could be eliminated if i were at home in Iowa. This summer we are living with my in laws while my husband does a clerkship for a Judge. So obviously i don't have a kitchen to myself. There has been times this week i have thought the food was made clean, only to find out that it wasn't. Example: my in laws cooked steaks one night and i was sooo excited only to find out that they were all marinated in a sauce that listed high fructose corn syrup as the number 2 ingredient!! Yikes! Did i eat it?! Yes..........i was sad about it but my relationship with them is more important than making a snobby big deal about it not being "clean". Next time they make steak i will make sure they leave an un-marinated piece out for me. :) As far as losing weight goes im not sure if i have or not. I don't have a reliable scale to weigh in on! Maybe the gym im going to next week will?! My size 6 shorts are finally fitting (without me having to to a ton of yoga moves to stretch them out first) so i think that means im losing inches. I'll find a tape measure this week and post my stats.

 Anyway i hope you guys are geared up and ready for a great 4th of July! I'm running in a one mile race called the "Freedom Run" the morning of the 4th. Wish me luck! I hope to get under a 10 min run in!

Meggan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio